Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Birthday Traditions & Candy cake


Wee One turned 3 years old in October, and we started a new birthday tradition to celebrate. The night before his birthday I decorated the house with balloons and a banner, and when he woke up on his birthday he got a balloon with a dollar in it for each year old he is.

Score! He thought it was pretty cool to get all those dollars! It was a nice start to a special day.


Later that morning we had a simple brunch birthday party with his friends. The boy loves chocolate and candy, so I made him this chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, Kit Kats and M&Ms. Needless to say, it was a big hit with the kids. 

I got the idea from Recipe Girl

Does your family celebrate with any special birthday traditions?


2 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH! That cake is awesome! When I was little my grandma always made me a doll cake. The kind with the doll body/head in the middle and a bundt pan type skirt. She made one for my daughter too, but since my gandma is no longer with us, I am going to give the cake a try myself. Wish me luck!!! The teaset on top of my teapot doean't come off, but isn't it cute? Cameos are a great idea! THank you so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those doll cakes are adorable! I wish I had a girl to do cute things like that for. Thanks for the comments! :)

      Delete