Monday, June 23, 2014

Sugar-holic to Plant Eater

On June 11, 2014 I began my journey from sugar-dependence to a plant-based, vegetarian diet. I have been addicted to sugar and carbs most of my life, and my body shows it and feels it. Type 2 diabetes runs rampant in my family, and I've been on the verge of it myself (with Insulin Resistance) for the past ten years. I've considered gastric bypass, but I didn't feel that it would solve my problem permenantly. I've tried weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, and  eating a diabetic diet, but I've always gained the weight back. I have been carrying around an extra person for a long time, and I'm tired. Enough is enough. I decided to make a drastic change in my diet, starting with cutting out meat, and weaning off processed foods and sugar. I am eating a diet of mainly fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and a small amount of dairy/eggs and maybe the occasional seafood. My goal is to eventually be full vegan, and in a healthy body. This is my journey to back-to-basics eating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment