Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Container Babies

It always catches me off guard when I get compliments on my wee one's "nice round head," "not flat like so many these days." You would be surprised how many women notice and comment on it. Is it such a rarity to have a normal shaped head? I admit, I was a bit paranoid about his head shape in the NICU. Preemies are notorious for long, narrow heads, and I swear- I could tell when his head had elongated, even by a little in the hospital. I was on that like white on rice. As a result, he never had the "preemie head." After he came home he spent very little time laying on his back in order to develop a flat head. I'd love to take complete credit for that, but truth be told...even if I wanted him to be a container baby, (i.e. always in a bouncer, car seat, swing, play pen, etc.) there is no way he would have tolerated it! As a result..."How cute! Oh, look at that nice round head!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment